16 Jan What makes Spinal Cord Stimulation a Better Option than Spine Surgery?
SCS or Spinal Cord Stimulation is a minimally invasive treatment option for chronic back pain patients who want to avoid surgery. SCS helps you avoid the tissue trauma and scarring that comes with open spine surgery. You can even test the spinal cord stimulation therapy in a fully reversible manner to check its effectiveness for your pain. In addition, SCS is truly customizable to each person’s specific complaints.
Here are the biggest advantages of SCS over spine surgery.
Spinal Cord Stimulator Treatment Advantages
- It is an outpatient procedure and can be performed in the doctor’s office while the surgery requires hospitalization.
- The SCS procedure takes less than an hour while a spine surgery can take several hours as well as post-operative pain.
- SCS requires virtually no recovery time but spine surgery requires a long recovery period and months of physical therapy. It could take weeks to return to work after spine surgery.
- SCS can be performed under local anesthetic.
- SCS is a completely reversible
To learn more about interventional pain management in Arizona, call The East Valley pain center, Desert Interventional Spine Consultants at 480-838-1914 Today. The top pain doctors in Chandler AZ at DISC offer the highest quality pain management and treatment with cutting edge interventional pain treatments and precise diagnostic tests for your spine and extremities. Your pain specialist would educate and help you understand your pain, so as to enable you to make an informed decision on your treatment.